hmm...That seems oddly familiar. Song lyrics maybe?
Regardless, according the calendar and much to the Mayan's dismay we have successfully loaded a new roll of toilet paper on this dispenser we call life. Welcome to 2013 Quackers! In the spirit of resolutions, inspiration and all that new age stuff I have some advice for you. Aside from thumbing your nose at whatever is on your calendar and hit the table for a 90 minute massage, here are
7 Surefire Ways To Get What You Want
1. Apply Lipstick - gender should not be a factor in the success of this one. If you're a girl such application is the difference between a grunt/head nod combo and being personally escorted to the right place within a massive infrastructure. If you carry fishing tackle daily, the fact you have lipstick on is still shocking enough in our culture that someone will just want to stare for an extended period of time...ergo your own escort as well. Just go with it.
2. Every Morning Ask "does this require pants"
If the answer is "yes" you probably should decline to participate. Feel free to cross reference your Magic 8 Ball before making a final decision.
3. Surround yourself with people who work harder than you do. Take the credit.
4. Practice until you've become an expert and then keep practicing.
This is a highly effective method for nappers, procrastinators, sunbathers, manipulators, liars, bartenders and money printers.
5. Speak loudly, slowly and clearly into the speaker at the drive thru. Double check the accuracy of the order before pulling away from the window. The last step is the most important to ensuring you get what you want.
6. JUST DO IT! Action breeds results. Flash your best smile, use your manner, show off your plastic, wear those heels and put down the capri pants. Get out of bed if you must.
7. If all else fails...ring this. Incessant ringing produces results eventually. I promise. Tried and tested by yours truly.