Mayhaps that is just the case in my world and possibly a self given title however at least ONE important person wants to momentarily celebrate my idea. Stasha. Yes, THE Stasha of Monday Listicles. I'm the topic picker outer for this week! SQUEEEEEEEE! Check my swagger!! Come one, come all, make your lists, check it
Often we sit around reminiscing about yesteryear (does anyone really use that word except in Christmas carols?) with a hearty laugh or big smile and feel the warm fuzzies. It is equally important to celebrate the NOW. As I shared with a friend just yesterday, it is the little things sometimes we need to look for when our hearts are the heaviest. Regardless...lets get happy! Ready set LIST!
10 Amazing Memories From A Not So Distant Past
1. Ummm....this HAS to be first on the list. I'm GOIN TO THE CHAPEL! If you missed the most AMAZING PROPOSAL ever, click HERE. really...the rest of the list will wait while you read it. Its worth it.
2. An awesome road trip to Red Wing, MN for the wedding of Kristin at OPC. It was amazingly beautiful and we had a total kickass time! To know that not only can Irishman and I survive 8 hours in the car together but the entire ride one of us, or both, look like this... is to cherish what we have...
3. Lil Duck and I conquered the hay bales. We were on top of the world...well, the farm....okay the hay but it was still a fantastic adventure!
4. Forgetting about the automatic airfreshener. No really, it was an awesome moment. Trust me...at 3 in the morning when the entire house is dark and you're padding your way to the kitchen to work on the laptop because you can't sleep and this thing hisses at you? The ninja moves are gonna fly and that, my friends, is an awesome sight to behold; Awesomely tragic, but awesome nonetheless.
5. Spending Halloween with Lil Duck. Last year she was with her Dad. The year before she was sick and we didn't go out. So it has been three years since I last took her trick-or-treating. We were both fairies. SO MUCH FUN!
6.Surviving the scrambler. The family hit a local October Fest and that is ALL Lil Duck wanted to ride. It was a Barftastic family night at the festival. Family time is awesome....always!
8. Visiting the Sparkle Store (Lil Duck's choice) to purchase her "wedding ring". A special ring that she has chosen to wear until she "gets married". She makes my heart smile and I can't help but beam at the symbolism of her choice! Well done, Lil D...well done.
9. Hiding under the covers playing on your phone and being discovered by your four year old late at night. The little turkey! Many giggles ensued...
10. Having friends who know my ninja skills well enough to send texts like this...