That being said, come Friday I am ROAD TRIPPING! And I'm super excited about it! Just so happens that this week's Monday Listicles, with The Good Life, topic is On The Road. Beyond that title, its 10 things that fit under that heading however they may be. So bear with me as we get a little random. I never ask for directions preferring the excitement and adventure the "scenic route" often takes me AND I'm a lane changer....often....buckle up! Margaret is gonna punch it! <---will anyone get that??
1. Road Tripping!...Irishman turns 40 this week. I planned a birthday surprise (I already told him so I'm not spilling the beans here). We are headed for a weekend away, staying in a Treehouse Resort! YES! Full modern amenities...in a treehouse! Its going to be SO AWESOME!
2. I have cruise control but I much prefer to BE in control....and drive fast. My parents would often tell me to "Drive Safely" or "Be Careful", to which I would reply "NOPE! Gonna drive fast and take chances." Of course, now that I have a family that needs me, I am a wee bit more cautious than before. I do love speed though.
3. Much like my house on most occasions, my car is clear evidence that I USE it. When I finally get a quiet moment and its just me and the road, I will hear a funny rattle. Most often this happens when I turn corners. Took me awhile and some cursing (I was thinking big repair bills) to realize that Lil Duck must have chucked something to the floorboard and its rolling about was the source of the noise. I've decided if there was an analogy that aptly described me and my life currently, its totally the marble rolling around on the floorboard among the snotty tissues, melted snow muck (from months ago), run away skittles and hard-as-petrified-treebark fruit snacks.
4. Enough Said
5. SHOTGUN! .... sitting in the backseat makes me feel claustrophobic and I almost always get carsick. If I'm not driving I need to at least be co-piloting.
6. I often find myself wishing I had a set of signs to display much like Wiley Coyote does. Usually once a year, maybe twice, some traffic blunder is actually my fault and I do feel badly. I'd like to have an "Oops! Sorry" sign for those moments....the rest of the time this one would be appropriate.
8. I like bumper stickers. I don't have any on Harriet. I have too many favorites, her pretty blue paint job would be all covered up. However I do believe my all time favorite bumper sticker has to be the one I saw on the bumper of a truck driven by a man in his 80's. It read "God Loves You. Everyone Else Thinks You're An Asshole."
9. SLUG BUG PINK!!!!!! Yes, we love this game...all of us from age 3 to 39 (he's not 40 yet). The challenge and the enjoyment the kids get out of it (riiiiiight).
I'll leave 10 up to you.... what do you recommend Irishman and I do to pass the time while on our road trip this weekend?
**all images source google unless otherwise stated