One of the entry options for the giveaway was to share a culinary disaster. Of all the *snort* worthy entries, here are my favs:
I don't tweet ( i know, i know!)...but I've had many culinary mishaps. When I was 19 and in my first apartment I attempted to have my parents over for dinner. I made hamburger helper (LOL) and I got distracted and it burnt so bad that it was stuck to my brand new skillet. I threw the skillet out back and ordered a pizza before they showed up. My stepdad went to trash outside in the backyard and found my skillet still steaming in the snow :) I will NEVER live that down!
Worst kitchen disaster wasn't mine, I am quite gifted in the kitchen...
However, one time at work this girl I worked with wanted a boiled egg for lunch. She put an egg in a bowl of water and turned the microwave in the office on for 15 minutes. It exploded and blew the fucking door off the microwave hinges. NOT. EVEN. KIDDING! We were lucky there was no one in the kitchenette when it happened. It sounded like a freaking bomb went off! And the smell? OH EM GEE!
The Queen said...
No egg choco cake.. easy peesy..
it takes one T vinegar
I was about 14
tasted batter,, spit it out and called to mother.. she's tasted it.. spit it out and said what did you do?
she read the recipe.
1 cup flour yep
1/2 cup oil yep
1 cup sugar yep
1 T vinegar.. yep.. wait.. what did you say... shit. I put 1 cup of vinegar in it..
We dumped it in the back yard. it sizzled... all these years later.. there is a bare spot in the yard.. it was bad!
Culinary disaster was accidentally dumping way too much hot sauce in the chili. Tasted like napalm. No one would eat it, but I did because I suffer my mistakes.
That was back when I still had taste buds of course.
ON a side note, have you been feeling LOST about LOST? Well Duckalicious found a guru to ask and she has been answered. CLICK HERE to head over to The Technical Parent and see what you've been missing...or not.....it could save you a LOT of time.